How to reduce Moodle Size. It's too large

Hi, Moodle buddies...
This is my problem in Moodle :
I have Moodle version 3.6.1 on my windows10. I regularly use Moodle for uploading new content and I do some backups of content. Unfortunately one day I have checked my moodle size it's nearly 168GB but the content is not that much, then I was quite surprised, I don't understand how it happened.

My research on the problem (How to reduce my moodle size):
 I have seen a few moodle documentation and raised some queries in moodle forms.
I got some responses from Dominique Palumbo and Séverin Terrier, like check your's recycling bin, disk space not recovered, run cron. I tried these but the problem not solved.
I was googling at that time I got a strike when I do some backup than how it will create.  It needs some space to create the files right. what are my backups and how many backups I took that I need to know.
How to get that..??
Again I google how to see my course backup size in moodle I got some plugins https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=report_coursesize
I add this plugin to my moodle and checked my moodle reports.
I got a report on what is my moodle content size and what is the size of my backup files and the complete moodle size also...
then I checked if I remove my backup files will my content effect or not
 I ask my guide Nagesh he said No not a problem.
Then I confirmed with him to delete all the backup files from my moodle it's nearly 86GB.

How to delete backup files:
login as admin --> got your course and there you will find settings right side of the page.
Click on --> click on restore you will find if you ever did the backup otherwise will get the screen but no backup files.
if you found backup files then below files list you will find --> manage backup files
Click on it, then click on the backup file delete them, after deleting don't forget to save.
 after completing all the backup files deletions from all courses.
 finally, run cron job.
then check your Moodle folder size on your machine.
It worked my Moodle size reduced 86GB.
Or You can follow my documentation for deleting backup files from Moodle.
Click here. or having any problem you can mail to praveenkota27@gmail.com.

Credits:
Documentation  Prema Pravinya Society
Guidance: Nagesh(nagesh.nmore@gmail.com )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to delete Backup files from Moodle

In Moodle Disable Students at risk in a course emails